Inside: Give the gift that gives all year long with an Activity of the Month Club you create yourself. Here’s how with you controlling the costs, days, and gifts.
GIVE the gift that lasts all year long
It’s July and my kids just opened a Christmas present.
The present was an envelope marked “July” and it said that we would be going to the water park. This present was their July Experience for their Activity of the Month.
What is the Activity of the Month Club?
An Activity of the Month Club is a customized experience for each month of the year for your family.
On Christmas (or a Birthday), your loved one receives 12 envelopes marked January through December.
On the first of each month, they open the envelope to see which activity they get to do as a family that month
It’s the perfect Christmas gift that gives all year long.
You control the activity, which month, and the price range.
It can be as elaborate or as simple as you want it to be!
My children receive activity of the month each Christmas.
Sometimes, they open an envelope to discover it’s a date night separately with each child. The date night can be a bike ride or a date set aside just to play with LEGOs.
Or maybe Mother-Daughter pedicures.
Maybe it’s BINGO as a family.
Often our kids simply want our undivided time and something to look forward to on the calendar.
Ideas for Activity of the Month Experience Gifts
- Bike Ride
- Progressive dinner – different restaurant for the appetizer, main course, dessert
- Go to Dog Park
- Shopping for school clothes
- Breakfast at a restaurant before school
- Road trip
- Professional Baseball/Soccer/Football game
- Swimming at a Water Park
- Beach Day
- See the sunrise and sunset together on the same day
- Volunteer together
- Go to a play or musical at a local theatre
- Video game night
- Ice skating
- Dinner date with Mom – child picks the restaurant
- Paddle Boating
- Bingo at a local organization
- Movie night – child picks the movie and gets popcorn and drinks
- Pumpkin Patch
- Pedicure/Spa outing with daughter
- Batting Cages
Why I give Activity of the Month Club
- It forces me to do activities each month as a family. Especially as a single parent, time can get away from you between shared custody, school, and sports. If I am not intentional about it, it will not happen. However, when it is part of a Christmas gift, the kids will not let me forget about it.
- I am not spending a lot of money in December on gifts. The activities throughout the year are ones I would do anyway. Plus, I can control the activities and costs. It could be a picnic or a trip to the zoo.
- It helps cut down on all the “stuff” bought at Christmas.
Give Your Own Activity of the Month Club
A membership to Activity of the Month Club is an exciting gift! My children ask for it instead of toys each year. It is also one that would be great to give any time of year, not just as a Christmas gift.
MORE IDEAS for Experience gifts
- A “membership” to your Activity of the Month Club can be given as a birthday gift.
- Give activities to your grandparents in a nursing home. This would ensure the grandparent was visited each month and activity was brought along each time if they were not allowed to leave the nursing home. Examples could include bringing a craft, a movie, or a game.
- Give predefined dates to your significant other on Valentine’s Day or on your Anniversary.
- Facilitate the Activity of the Month Club between your children and their grandparents. Come up with 12 different activities they can do together. This does not have to cost any money.
Get Your Printables
Get access to the resource library for free. Inside you will find all the printables you need to make your own Activity of the Month Club Certificate you can give your loved one.
Also inside are monthly tags for you write the activity. You can give them all at once in envelopes or one per month. Get access here!