Inside: These 30 encouraging scriptures gave me hope, encouragement, and strength during difficult times. I pray they do the same for you. Find out how to incorporate encouraging scripture into your life!.
Rediscovering Favorite Scriptures
I recently received a new Bible as a gift. I’ve wanted a physical Bible that’s small enough to fit into my purse yet have words I can still read.
And oh yeah, I wanted it to look cute. A tall order, but I received a small teal Bible, and I’m pretty pumped about it.
In the past, I used the Bible App on my phone and never cracked open an actual Bible. I have nothing against Bible Apps. I merely wanted to spend less time on my phone and have my quiet time away from all electronics.
However, my new Bible is missing all the verses I marked, highlighted, and noted in my Bible App over the last seven years.
Those years have seen me through heavy times, and the verses I’ve highlighted are ones I don’t want to forget. They’ve gotten me through a divorce, bouts of loneliness, and loss of loved ones.
As I made a note of those precious verses that brought me out of some deep pits into my new Bible, I wanted to share them with others who may be going through their tough times.
As you’ll see below, different versions are listed. Since I used a Bible app, I had the advantage of switching back and forth through various versions over the years. I left the version annotation, so if you look it up in your Bible you’ll be able to tell which version you can find it in.
These specific verses gave me hope, encouragement, and strength. I pray they do the same for you.
How to use scripture cards to keep up your encouragement
You can download these encouraging scriptures from the Faith Mini-Bundle.
Ideas on how to incorporate scripture cards into your life are:
- Hang the scripture cards up wherever you need encouragement: your mirror, Bible, work, etc.
- Cut the scripture cards out and find the ones that speak the most to you right now in this season. Pray these over your life.
- Below you’ll find 30 scriptures for 30 days – pray through one scripture each day of the month.
- Consider memorizing the scriptures that hold the most meaning for you. Print multiple copies of those scriptures.
- Put your phone to work for you – set a timer to remind you to read a specific encouraging scripture or place your favorite scripture as your phone screensaver.
- Journal about a different scripture below each day or incorporate it into your daily prayer.
When You Need a Lift: 30 Encouraging Scriptures
Encouraging Scriptures From the Old Testament
Related: Affirmation of Who You Are in Christ
Encouraging Scriptures From the Psalms
Encouraging Scriptures From the New Testament
Favorite Encouraging Verse
Seven years from now, I’m curious to see which verses I’ll mark in my new little teal Bible.
It’s interesting to think about how some verses stick with you all your life, and some help you through seasons.
I’ve found staying in God’s Word has helped me keep going and stay positive.
For me, sometimes “staying in God’s Word” means I’m not good at opening my Bible, but I have one verse I repeat in my head and heart.
Which is your favorite encouraging scripture?
Would like a printable of these 30 encouraging Bible Verses? You can get all of these and more from the Faith Mini-Bundle.