There’s nothing more relaxing after a long day than filling up your diffuser with natural scents that transport your mind to dreamland.
Did you know that many of the oils you see below may be uplighting during the day but at night work with your body’s natural rhythm and help you sleep as well?
Essential Oils that are Great for Night Blends
- Lavender has been shown to decrease your heart rate and put you in a more relaxed state.
- Cedarwood can encourage the release of serotonin.
- Bergamot is high in linalool and linalyl acetate, which are relaxing compounds.
- Orange and Citrus Fresh or any citrus oil are uplighting scents, therefore they may help reduce negative feelings as falling asleep and let you fall into a more restful slumber.
- Frankincense and Sandalwood and Vetiver are calming and grounding scents for nighttime.
- Roman Chamomile is used widely for its relaxing and calming properties. It is in a lot of sleep blends.
All of these blends are safe to put in your child’s room to promote a restful night’s sleep as well.
You’ll notice a lot of these essential oils are repeated throughout. There’s a reason for this. I like to keep about 8-10 oils next to my bed with my diffuser. These are my go-to oils for bedtime. They work, pretty much in any combination!
Favorite Essential Oil Diffuser Night Blends