These essential oil DIY gifts are perfect to make for loved ones and so much fun! Don’t be surprised if you end up keeping some for yourself!
Essential Oil DIY Gifts
DIY Essential Oil Room Sprays
This is the basic recipe below.
- 2 oz spray bottle
- 6 -8 drops essential oil of choice
- 1.5 oz hydrosol or distilled water
- Labels are optional. You can make them on your cricut if you are good with that kind of thing, or find someone to do it for you on Etsy!
Depending on the type of spray you want to make, change up the essential oil.
- Linen or Sleepytime Spray: Lavender Essential Oil works great. Tell the recipient to spray on their pillow before sleeping or when making the bed.
- Poo-Poo Spray: any strong scent such as Purification or Lemongrass works well for this.
- Room Spray: floral scents like geranium or ylang-ylang or joy essential oil
Bath Salts with Essential Oils
Mix up a big DIY batch of bath salts and find fun presentation ideas for your gift! Bath salts are just Epsom Salts with a few drops of your favorite essential oil – that’s it!
Add some food coloring and scoop it into some clear, plastic ornaments.
Make your favorite bath salts and put it into a mason jar and top it with a flower. It’s all about the presentation!
Lavender Bath Salts with Lavender Buds
These take a little more work but are sooo adorable and completely worth it! The full instructions are here.
DIY Bath Bombs
This is the recipe I use all the time to whip up bath bombs quickly. I usually make bombs into “bars” and set them onto my windowsill so the kids can throw them into the bath.
However, you can use the same the recipe and put them into molds and make a nice gift.
What to do with all those Empty EO Bottles?
Once you’re done with your DIY project, don’t throw away your empty essential oil bottles.
There are lots of fun things you can do with those bottles like using up all oil to make some more bath salts – that oil is expensive after all.
Just make sure you clean them properly – meaning no soap. Get the full scoop here.