Start having conversations with your kids about their faith in God today using these 20 faith questions for youth. Encourage your youth to think for themselves about their faith so their love for God will come from within.
When Your Kids Begin Questioning Their Faith
Our kids will ask themselves or their friends big questions about their faith.
Is there really a God?
Do all religions lead to the same destination?
If there is a God, why is there so much hurting in the world?
It’s ok to question your faith
If we’re honest, many of us struggle with the same questions on occasion.
All healthy teens work to separate themselves from their parents and find their own identity. During this time, they may reject your faith, as well.
Encouraging your child to think for themselves and find answers and trust in God on their own is what will give them a real and lasting relationship with Jesus Christ.
You’ve provided a stable and fertile ground. Continue to do so, answering any questions your child has, without getting upset with your child when they question God.
If you push back too much, you may drive them away. Asking questions is a good thing.
Walking through these issues with our children in a safe place with you shows you respect their free thought and are willing to walk through their questions with them.
A couple of ground rules when discussing these faith questions for youth:
- Don’t try to have an answer for any of these questions ready. Try not to back up your responses with bible verses. Instead, strive for open conversation. Encourage your teens to think for themselves. Respond to each question with biblical answers, and you risk pushing your teen away.
- Not discussing these topics and “hoping for the best” is much like not talking about sex with your kids and hoping they do the right thing.
- For some of these questions, there is no “right” or “wrong” response. No one will know until we meet Jesus.
- Above all, remember God loves your child more than you do. He has set them apart and will draw them near to you. It isn’t your job to save your children.
20 Faith Questions for Youth
- What makes someone a Christian?
- Do dogs go to Heaven?
- Where is Heaven?
- What does God look like?
- Do you have to say certain words to become a Christian?
- Do you have to do certain things to be a Christian?
- Do you have to be baptized to be a Christian?
- Where did God come from?
- Do miracles still happen today?
- What about nice/good people who don’t believe in Jesus?
- Is there a Hell?
- Does God forgive everyone?
- Do all animals go to Heaven?
- Are there other gods?
- What does Heaven look like?
- Can you still be a Christian and not attend church?
- If your family is Christian, does that make you a Christian?
- Is there only one way to God, or do all religions lead to the same God?
- What do you think about evolution or the Big Bang Theory?
- Where do dinosaurs fit into the Bible?
For a printable of all these faith questions for youth plus a BONUS 7 more, check out Faith Mini-Bundle. You’ll get 27 cut-out cards about faith to ignite your conversations with your kids and more!